Sunday, June 15, 2008

I AM A DADDY'S GIRL

For all of you celebrating Father's Day today - I say "Happy Dad's Day to you all!" On this day where we formally say thanks for everything, I wanted to share with you the reasons why I love my dad.

  • he bought me my first dress and I wore it home from the hospital
  • he taught me how to tell a joke-
  • he had to emigrate to Canada at a very young age, all alone and live with people he had never met and he never saw his parents again and yet somehow he learned how to be an amazing parent
  • he is the proudest grandparent I have ever met
  • he showed me what real love - the kind that last forever - looks like
  • he made me learn how to change a tire on a car
  • he told me I could be or do anything if I only put my mind to it
  • he showed me, by example, how to have a happy marriage
  • he showed me, by how he treats my mom, how a man should love a woman
  • most of all, he showed me what I needed to find for myself - a kind, loving man with a sense of humour and the ability to laugh at himself and thank Jebus I did.
For these reasons and so many more that there is not enough blog space in the world to write them all, I love my dad. I hope I have many more Father's Days with him to tell him over and over how much I love and appreciate him.
Happy Father's Day Daddy!

2 comments:

KatBouska said...

This is so sweet!! I think I love your Dad too...

Unknown said...

Aw... this one almost made me misty eyed! (I've got two Daddy's girls) Great post!