Monday, November 01, 2010

HI THERE! REMEMBER ME?

So it seems that I took a wee break from blogging and in that time much has happened…

-         I have learned that while love is blind, divorce is all-seeing.  I had a horrible conversation with Wilson about money.  It was the kind of conversation that made me wonder what I ever saw in him.  I know that this is bound to happen but after that conversation, this girl who loved that boy so deeply wonders where the boy is that she fell in love with?  Then, maybe he never really existed in the way that I saw him and this part of him was there all along, I just never had to deal with him in that way.  Realizing that was very sad and also freeing because once this is over, I will never have to deal with him again.

-         We had another horrible conversation about Arthur – our beloved dog.  The intention all along was to share him once it all got settled because we both love him and he loves us both.  After the above conversation, Wilson decided it was time to share that he no longer wants to share Arthur and either I take him or he takes him but no more visitation.  Cue my broken heart and many tears but in the end this will be the best decision for me.  It will completely cut the cord between Wilson and I which is for the best but to never see Arthur again is something that seems unbelievable to me still.  I know that he will be loved for all of his life and that is all any dog owner could ever want but it still hurts like a mutha!

-         DiDi had a date – and a good one with Practice Date boy or as I described him to the BFFs  - the Basset Hound.  Somehow, he never got the message that I was not really interested in seeing him again and would send texts or call to keep in touch.  Cut to DiDi travelling for the new job and I get a text from him that says he knows the first date was a dud and he would like a do-over.  I had to give him points for persistence (or stalking) and for admitting that the first date sucked and that he would like to try again.  Out we did go and he left the Basset Hound persona behind.  He was fun, charming, flirty – all the things you want on a date.  After having a good time playing pool, we leave the bar and are going to go to another location when he planted a kiss on me that surprised the hell out of me – in a good way.  I never in my life expected the Basset Hound to kiss like that!  Needless to say, it was a much better experience than the first one and he closed the deal and we are going out again.  Completely took me by surprise in such a good way and that has not happened to me in a long time. 
-         The new job is great and am really enjoying the change.  Great team and boss have done wonders to my outlook. 

So that is me to you in a nutshell.  Still figuring this single again, getting divorced, dating, moving forward life of mine out but am now enjoying the process a lot more.  Life these past few months has been an eye opener for sure but in the end, my life will be better and I am all for better these days. 

No comments: