Friday, August 29, 2008

COUGAR AND THE GEEKS

This weekend, this last, lovely, long weekend of the summer, I will be in Montreal for the World Cyber Games.  Why you ask dear Internet?  Because of my new job - that's why!  My new company is a large sponsor of the World Cyber Games or as I call it - Geekfest! 

When I told Wilson that I was going to World Cyber Games - his loving response was "You are going to look like such a cougar there surrounded by teenage boys!".  My response - I wanted to choke the spit out of him but instead responded with a wifely "Fuck Off!" 

My wee knowledge of video games consists of our new Wii.  I am really good at Wii bowling and that is about it.  The last time I was in Best Buy, a 9 year kid kicked my ass at Guitar Hero and tennis.  I have a distinct feeling that the song running through my head this weekend will be "One of these things is not like the other". 

So this weekend while y'all are enjoying sunshine and cocktails - remember me -your very own 42 year old cougar surrounded by palefaced teenage boys with excellent hand/eye coordination - and then pour yourself a large drink and have it for me.  I am going to need all the help I can get to get through this weekend!

No comments: