Tuesday, September 11, 2007

SEPTEMBER 11TH

Six years ago today, I was blithely sitting at my desk when my phone rang and a girlfriend told me that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Tower. I was shocked but thought the pilot had had a stroke or something like that. Never did I think it was a terrorist attack. I came out of my meeting to find that the entire world had changed as we knew it and life in so many ways would never be the same. I left work, went home and spent the day with my best friend and my dog - somewhere safe, warm and comfortable. I knew that while life for me might include inconveniences it was still all as I knew it. I think about those people calling home for the last I love you every once in a while and am so grateful that no one I know lost their life on that fateful day.

Then last year a good thing happened for me - our dear friends Jer & Tif had a gorgeous baby boy named Jonah on September 11th and now for me September 11th is about renewal. I celebrate a birth instead of looking back at sadness.

People die, things change, time passes and we all move forward. Such is the circle of life and today - I marvel at the resiliancy of the human spirit.

So happy birthday Jonah and may all of you call home to tell someone that you love them - for no other reason than you can.

Kisses to all,
DiDi

No comments: