Monday, June 19, 2006

WHAT TO WEAR TO THE 'DO' OF THE YEAR (AT LEAST ON THE SORORITY CALENDAR)

Mellie to ReRe and DiDi

My lovelies … On an invitation to functions the order of operations for attire is as follows:

Black tie
Black tie optional
Formal
Semi-formal
Business
Business casual
Kevin Federline

That being said, any lovely frock that you dawn is fantastic – ReRe the Carriere may be over dressed for a afternoon wedding at the cottage, but truly, who are we to judge, it is stunning, so afternoon be damned!

Poop-ala (a.k.a. Jewemy) will be wearing a suit, I will be in a more casual wedding gown and flip flops (the do have sparkles on them) I have made arrangements to hire staff to remove the pair of you from sticking in the lawn periodically, but not to worry, the dance floor will be solid and perfect for your delightful footwear. (her invitation mentioned something about sensible footwear choices of which ReRe and I do not own that kind)

Does this all make sense? Sorry for the delay in my response, I have not picked up my messages as I was hiding from my phone.

Mellie

This is in response to many voicemails left for our Mellie with curious questions as to what we should wear to her wedding. This is a very good example of why we love her so damn much - we think she is the funniest!

ReRe's response to our Mellie
They truly are among the funniest women in the world - at least to me.

My dearest Melliehead Rose,
While you are severely delinquent in your response times, the quality of your response certainly more than compensates for your tardiness.


Thank you for the lesson in the order of operations. Am now re-thinking the Carriere, lovely as it is, in favour of a new and more appropriate purchase. I am never one to waste an occasion to purchase something frivolous with outrageous cost-per-wear when justification presents itself, such as the wedding of Poop-ala and Melliehead Rose.

Footwear, however, is another story. I for one will NOT be wearing flip flops. Keep the staff ready and please secure big strong men as Thicky and Gunty may not be so easy to lift from the lawn.



This wedding is going to be mucho fun!!!!


No comments: