Friday, August 10, 2007

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

Get ready dear internet - the whining is about to begin!

First - Wilson has been working up a storm - to make up for taking an extra long, long holiday last weekend and being a girl - I miss him and hate that he doesn't get home until 8:30 pm or later.
Second, I have to go to Calgary this weekend - leaving tomorrow - and miss a whole weekend with Wilson and Arthur. Because of this damn trip, we miss the annual friends weekend at Mellie and Jewemy's cottage (aka - The Compound) and it sounded like mucho fun!!!
Third and the worst of all - my mummy fell last Friday and cracked her pelvis and 2 ribs and is in the hospital! As I have to go out of town, I will not get to go to their house until next Wednesday morning (yes, that is the morning after I land from Calgary). This damn trip is making it so that I can't see her and help out other members of my family. I really, really, really hate business travel - especially when it totally interferes with my weekend and my life! However my boss is being a total rock star about letting me go home to help and not making me take vacation. Lizzie is really the best boss EVER!!!! Also, God bless the Brand for giving me a blackberry and air card to help me stay connected and on top of things! This way I can say that I am working remotely when really I am grocery shopping, housecleaning, getting a cleaning service organized, visiting, dog-walking and any thing else that is needed of me for 2 days.

There - that is my whine du jour! I am sure that the trip will be great and all will be fine. My mom is getting better everyday and has started rehab. Thank heavens that no surgery was needed at all or I would not be going on this trip AT ALL!

On the plus side - Arthur gets to go to Grandma and Grandpa's farm and play with a big dog and go for walks without his leash. This will make him so tired and that makes his mummy so happy! I promise that my next post will not be so whiny and my lovely cynical self will be back in action.
Whiny kisses to all,

DiDi


PS - just because I can - here are some of the latest pictures of Arthur! These were taken outside of Pembroke, ON - on Arthur's 9 week birthday. Smooshiness galore!!!!!


No comments: