Monday, July 30, 2007

HOW CAN SOMETHING SO SMALL CHANGE YOUR LIFE SO COMPLETELY?

Sitting pretty for mama!


It has been just over a week since our wee boy Arthur came to live with us - and what a week it has been! I have been run ragged by a 10 lb puppy who thinks that my boobs and ankles are chew toys. I have been woken up in the wee small hours by his crys and I have never been so sleep deprived in my life!

Story Sidebar
Seriously - I have learned that I do not function well on no or little sleep. Besides being so tired that I could hurl on the spot - I become very, very cranky. Mellie says this is all normal but I don't think she turned into a cranky old lady who yelled at neighbourhood kids. (However in my defense - they were shooting off cap guns for an extended period of time and I snapped and yelled out - "We are trying to have dinner here!" and silence reigned over the neighbourhood once more. Then Wilson came in 15 minutes later and he said I got the kids in trouble - I got a big smooch for that one! Ah the benefits of a loud-mouthed wife!) Our conclusion after just one week of a puppy - no babies for Wilson and DiDi!!!

Having now complained about all of the above - I wouldn't have it any other way! He is just such a delightful boy - full of love and fun. When he falls asleep on me - my heart just melts inside me. He loves his mummy so much because she was home with him for his first week. His daddy is equally enamoured of his smooshiness and Arthur loves his daddy sooo much!

For his first week it has been a busy one - even I don't have this kind of activity but here is a quick synopsis:


  • met his new best friend Ivey (fur baby of Mellie and Jewemy)

  • had his first walk in the neighbourhood

  • 2 - yes 2 vet visits (there goes my shoe budget again!) - but he had a clean bill of health so all is good there

  • his first taste of peanut butter and cream cheese - Mmmm Mmmm Good!

  • played with many neighbourhood dogs

  • he discovered how much fun shoe laces are to play with - especially when they are attached to other peoples shoes (great for tug of war)

  • how much fun Auntie Terri's cottage is

  • his first boat ride

  • first excursion into a lake - did not like that one so much
Not bad for someone who is only 8 weeks old. While there is no replacement for our sweet Maggie and she will always be the best girl - Arthur is his own man and we love him so! He fills my heart in a different way - with his sweet puppy breath, chin kisses and so soft fur. Everything is an adventure to him and he has no fear - I think that there is a life lesson in there somewhere!

This weekend our wee family will be going to Wilson's parents for 4 days (4 adults and 1 puppy on a 34' boat - YIKES! Anyone who knows me knows that I will be drinking copiously to get through the weekend!) and he will play on a beach for the first time. Somehow I think he is going to love it!

Long weekend kisses to all!
DiDi


No comments: