Tuesday, April 10, 2007

EASTER

Ah, Easter has come and gone and my waistline is ever expanding due to the vast quantities of food consumed over the entire weekend!


The best thing ever about Easter is Good Friday and that it is a holiday. Long weekends absolutely rule and ours was good. We drove 3 hours to my parents' farm and hung out until Sunday morning. Our entire weekend consisted of eating, standing to let the dogs out, eating some more, watching TV, eating and then going to bed. I think everyone now had a clearer picture of why I am ever increasing in size.


Dinners at my parents house were carb fests and I love that about them. Friday dinner was roast beef and Yorkshire pudding with all the appropriate trimmings. Saturday was turkey, stuffing and the appropriate trimmings. And my mom made pies for dessert - YUMMY!!!!! Wilson makes my mother so happy because he eats her food until he can no longer move.


We drove home, unpacked the car and thought - "hey, we have no food in the house, let's go grocery shopping." We are idiots as it was Easter Sunday and everything, and I mean everything was closed up tight. We scrounged ourselves a healthy dinner (salmon, quinoa and wilted spinach). Thank heavens for the pantry!


All in all, a lovely long weekend and I wish that we didn't have to go to work!


Easter bunny kisses to all,
DiDi

No comments: