Thursday, December 21, 2006

A YEAR IN REVIEW

This was shared with me by a dear friend and I thought since 2006 was a year of change for me, that I complete this quiz.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Got married
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I usually don't make them, but since last year was a year of such change for me personally, that I decided my only resolution was to be true to myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Tiffany gave birth to Jonah and Krista gave birth to Pierce.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No - thank goodness
5. What places did you visit? Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, St. Maarten, Anguilla, St. Barths, Tintamarre, Sandy Island, Grand Case
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Financial security

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? December 9, 2006 - my wedding day
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming stronger about who I am and what I want. Also, realizing that I really wanted to be with Wilson and moving back in with him and then getting married to him
9. What was your biggest failure? No failures, only events to learn from
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major - am a total klutz so am always bruised
11. What was the best thing you bought? Steve's wedding ring; my wedding dress

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Pulling my head out of the sand and dealing with my tax mess.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? no one comes to mind
14. Where did most of your money go? The government

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting married
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? A c) richer or poorer? Happier - Wilson and I are married and making a life together; b) weight is about the same unfortunately c) poorer - but working on that
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? reading
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? worry

20. How did you spend Christmas last year? with my family
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? No, was already in love but reaffirmed my love for Wilson
22. How many one-night stands? nope
23. What was your favorite TV program? The OC

24. What did you do for your birthday in 2006? Had a kick ass party. Wilson made turning 40 so much fun!
25. What was the best book you read? Kite Runner
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Scissor Sisters
27. What did you want and get? To marry Wilson
28. What did you want and not get? nothing that is important
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Devil Wears Prada

30. Did you make some new friends this year? If so, who? yes - Roger & Lynne and Diane and Andre from our cruise, Krista from work
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? this year, nothing
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Casual and classic with some funk thrown in for good measure
33. What kept you sane? walking Maggie and red wine
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? George Clooney - good looks and brains all in one package

35. What political issue stirred you the most? The war in Iraq and the troops in Afghanistan
36. Who did you miss? Kacy
37. Who was the best new person you met? can't think of one person right now
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. be true to myself and also that I need to stop being afraid of past mistakes. There is rarely anything that you can't fix by facing up to your fear.


Kisses to all!
DiDi

No comments: