- Smart – doesn't have to have an off the charts IQ but no one wants to be with an idiot
- Funny – doesn't need to be a comedian but be able to find the humour in most situations. Be able to laugh at himself.
- Financially stable/successful
- Can communicate his feelings/thoughts without me having to hitch an F-150 to them and drag them out of him
- Is a happy person – more positive than negative, good perspective on life.
- Able to be a partner
- Decent relationship with ex – doesn’t have to be best friends but should be able to talk/work things thru without lawyers and/or screaming matches
- Loves his children and has a good relationship with them
- Able to prioritize – not just work and responsibilities, but the people in his life. If he has kids, they are always a priority but able to make me feel like one as well.
- Tall enough – doesn’t need to be 6’ 4”, but I would prefer not shorter than me without high heels
- Strength of character
- Have ethics and a sense of justice
- Roots for the underdog – doesn’t have to be all the time but sometimes is good
- Be able to stand up for himself – even if his opinion is the unpopular one
- Good kisser
- Good in bed
- A dog person
- Good with families
- Good with people with disabilities
- Loves to travel
- Open to adventure
- Open mind
- Is ok with my crazy, demanding job
- Has a life of his own, friends of his own and wants the same for me.
- Doesn’t sweat the small stuff – we all do occasionally but has enough life experience to know when to fish or cut bait.
- Wants to get married again
- Knows what he wants and goes for it
- Can keep a secret/be discreet
- Has dealt with his issues from previous relationships and knows himself.
- Is not ugly – please let him not be ugly. I know that this is really shallow, but come on, I have to look at this face for the rest of my life. I would like it to be somewhat attractive.
- Knows that romance, the true kind and not the Hallmark version, is incredibly hot
- Knows how to listen
Monday, April 06, 2015
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL...
In the spirit of putting it all out there and going after what I want, here is what I would like in a future partner:
I know that this seems like a paragon of virtue but he has to be out there somewhere, someone who has most of these traits.
Universe, thank for hearing my request. I will continue my search until I find the one that makes my heart skip a beat and wants want I want - to love and be loved in that crazy, inconvenient, all-consuming way that real love is.